I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted. Rus has been working. Wish it wasn't so far away! Seth and Wyatt are in day care. I have been called to pick up Seth once. They thought he might have an ear infection, but the doctor at Kaiser didn't see anything. She said it could show up later, but it's been several days now and nothing so I think we are in the clear. Seth definitely has a cold and I think he is way past due for his top teeth.
We were able to borrow Ed and Roger's Honda Accord. They are planning to sell it or donate it, but didn't need to do so right away. So I use it to get to work and take the boys to day care. We are so lucky to the have the car. I mean, the day I had to take Seth to the doctor's . . . well, that would have been crazy without the car. Plus, it allows me to take the boys to appointments.
Speaking of appointments, we saw Dr Shay. I told him it was hard to get Wyatt to us the nebulizer these days. He prescribed oral steroids for a few days and said that maybe we should consider using a spacer instead. Since Wyatt was on pulmicort for nearly the whole winter last year, he wants us back in 3 months.
We also saw Sharon White, the physical therapist. Wyatt has once again been released from PT. She thinks he is doing great and should be jumping soon. There was quite a difference between the last time and now. He went up and down the stairs by himself. His balance is much improved. She even took a quick look at Seth since I mentioned he isn't rolling over yet. She has no doubt that he can roll over, but that we likely aren't giving him enough tummy time. Guilty as charged!
This evening Seth fell asleep earlier than usual for the night. I put him down on the bed we bought Wyatt. Then later we put Wyatt in his crib. Wyatt still wants nothing to do with his bed. He has slept on it maybe three times. Twice we put him down in it already asleep and once I laid down in the bed with him when he woke up at night. We did decide to move Seth to his pack and play in the end. Wyatt's unpredictable when going to bed. We weren't sure he was going to scream or something. In the end, he fell asleep with nary a peep.
He always asks for the light on when we leave and turn it off. So, we now keep the blinds open so the streetlight comes in a bit.
Last week Wyatt told me "no singing" in the car when I was singing something. Then he said "Wyatt ABCD?" I said told him OK and he sang the whole ABCD song. He wasn't perfect, but he was really close and I was really shocked to hear it since we haven't made an effort to teach it to him. He really does seem like a very musical guy.
For Thanksgiving we went down to Long Beach and stayed with my parents. It was fun to watch the kids play so much. Wyatt is particularly fond of uncle Chris. He talks about him all the time.
For Christmas, we will stay up here. We plan to go to Roger and Ed's on Christmas for a bit.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.