I took Seth for his well baby appointment this past Tuesday. Turns out he now has ear infections. Only mild, they just started in the past couple of days, but in both ears. I had no idea. He hasn't been eating well. That's about all I noticed. His weight gain (or loss really) bore out the eating. I also don't know how persistent they are at day care in feeding him. He started to get a little fever on Tuesday night so I decided to stay home with him yesterday. I kept Wyatt home too as it seemed like the right thing to do.
We had a good day with a fair amount of bad sprinkled in. Most of the bad started around 2pm after Wyatt decided he did not need a nap. He then proceeded to annoy Seth pretty much the rest of the day. He kept coming up to him, hitting him on the head and saying "time out. no biting baby Seth." But baby Seth didn't bite him that I saw. Maybe I missed it. Or he tried to get him to drink out of a ceramic cup and pushed a little too hard. He sat on him and pushed him over backwards. He pushes him over backwards ALL the time though. (Like this morning he pushed him over in the kitchen, which made Seth cry quite a bit, but at least he apologized unprompted.)
He did make him laugh a fair amount though. And he kissed him and hugged him and mugged for pictures with him.
We spent a lot of time looking at our Christmas Tree. Wyatt likes the birds on the tree, but is terrified of them. He said he wanted to hug one of them, but then got scared and backed away. He made me feed one of the birds a cheese stick. There is a huge tree in the lobby of the building that day care is in. Apparently, Wyatt has heard, "don't touch the tree" a number of times now (from day care and from me) and he says it a lot. All the time, even when no where near a Christmas tree.
But he isn't afraid to touch anything else but the birds on our tree and only the ones that look "real." He is constantly asking to touch "Big Santa", which I won't allow although he can handle "Little Santa." He thinks that the lace nutcracker is a robot, but it does sort of look like a robot.
He also spent a fair amount of time using a metal spatula as a guitar, which was really funny. He also used the trash can as a drum and I had to sing ABCD along with it. I wonder what he will do when he gets the guitar from Gran and Grandad at Christmas?
And we have found a new show - Pingu, which not only does Wyatt like, but so do I. The DVD Chillin' with Pingu is hilarious. I particularly recommend "Pingu helps incubate" or something named like that.
Seth did not sleep well last night. He woke up four times and did not want to go back to sleep. So I had better get to bed now. He wasn't upset or in pain, unless I tried to put him down. I have been sleeping in Wyatt's big boy bed the past few nights since Rus is doing a side gig that involves playing a video game. I can't stand the flashing lights.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.