Sunday, April 17, 2011

And so it begins . . .

The boys are really starting to fight a lot. That Seth can really land a slap at 11 months! I have to really bite my tongue to not laugh at him. He's just too ridiculous because he gets so worked up. He kind of screams when he does it too. I also have a hard time stopping him because I am curious to see where he will go with it. However, Wyatt will escalate and then the real trouble begins. It really just started this weekend. I guess Seth had finally had enough of Wyatt taking everything from him and decided to defend himself.

He isn't walking yet, but loves to walk holding on to fingers. Not great for my back. I am just starting to move Seth to 18-24 month clothes now. Lucky he's so big so he fits in to the correct season of clothes we have in his size. I mean, these were clothes Wyatt was wearing last summer.

Wyatt is fascinated with a Disney documentary film on the ocean. He fixates on a few segments that he makes me find for him all the time. One is baby sea turtles hatching in the middle of the day. AS the narrator (Pierce Brosnon) points out, hatching in broad daylight they don't stand a chance. The birds get a large portion of them. It's footage of baby sea turtles trying to make it to the ocean with birds picking them off. They show one make it out to sea. I don't think Wyatt gets that part, that the birds are eating them, but I have seen some 500 baby sea turtles picked off by now. I can't stand it. He keeps asking me "What are they doing?" during the turtle scene and I just tell him the turtles are trying to get to the water and I don't tell him what the birds are doing. The other scene he likes is of a great white jumping out of the water after a sea lion. (I am terribly afraid of sharks and drowning so this movie isn't great for me.) Again, I don't think he gets the shark is going to eat the sea lion. Well, who knows what he thinks. I haven't asked him. He has also started to be an "orca whale" in the tub now. We have watched Free Willy a few times now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.