Thursday night when I walked to the bedroom to go to sleep for the night I could smell vomit, pizza vomit more specifically, from Wyatt's room. Earlier I heard him coughing, but since he didn't call out I assumed he was OK. I called Rus over to confirm. He couldn't smell anything from the hall, but could once he walked in the room. Wyatt had vomit all over his bed, but was sound asleep. He was carefully arranged so he remained just outside the puddle.
I picked him up, cleaned and changed him. Rus cleaned up his bed. We put him down. He vomited twice more. The second two times he did get pretty upset.
The next morning I found a sippy cup of milk in Seth's room, sitting in the middle of the floor, that had clearly been unrefrigerated for days. Who knew milk turns gelatinous? I suspect Wyatt got a hold of that cup and took a big swig.
Seth has developed an annoying habit of putting his sippy cups in boxes or on shelves in places that aren't obvious. I had just been saying the we seem to be missing a lot of sippy cups. I don't know where the one in the middle of Seth's floor came from. It hadn't been sitting there for days, that much I know.
Thankfully, Wyatt hasn't vomited since then.
Today while we were at the farmer's market Seth took a major dump while he was playing in the fountain. He had his diaper on, but I could see it just starting to come out. I tell Rus who tells me to grab on to Seth. And then Rus just stands there ten feet away with the diaper bag. I tell him I need the diaper bag and some assistance. I was planning to change Seth standing up right there, but knew it would be tricky because his diaper was also full of water. It was a diaper version of matzoh ball soup.
So, Rus grabs Seth and takes him off to change him. After some time Rus returns with Seth in fresh diaper and says that both he and Seth are covered in shit and we should go. I am trying hard not to laugh. I talk Wyatt out of the fountain and we head back to the car. Rus is carrying Seth who has nothing on but his diaper. I start laughing uncontrollably, but quietly.
At home Rus took Seth in to the shower with him and then they all took a nap.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.