Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birthday maple, just a bit early

I got Rus a Japanese maple for this birthday.  I also got him a half wine cask to plant it in.  They were not kidding around at the nursery!  That's a real wine cask alright.  The inside was deep red and smelled lovely.  I am not sure if Rus liked the tree or the wine cask best.

The tree will turn bright red in the fall.



Rus had been talking for some time about getting a Japanese maple so I took the opportunity while my parents were here to stop by the Berkeley Horticultural Center.  I could never have gotten this tree in to my car.

The tree was behind Wyatt at first, in the car, but he complained so much that it was touching him we switched him with Seth.  Seth decided to yank a branch off.  We headed quickly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.