Sunday, August 28, 2011

Colin

A couple of nights ago, while putting Wyatt to bed, he said to me, "He's right there!" and pointed towards the wall.

"Who?" I asked.
"Colin."
"Who's Colin?"
"I don't know.  He's right there."
"Colin?"
"Yes,  he hits and pinches me."
"Colin?"
"Yes."

Some how in all of this it sort of came out Colin was someone at school, but honestly, I kind of thought Wyatt was talking about an imaginary person.  Wyatt often talks about having a bug in his ear.

So, I emailed his teacher and she thanked me for informing her about this child.  She had informed the other teachers and they would keep an eye on it.

Bah!  Colin exisst!

Then I kind of freaked out and called Rus to have him talk me down.  Unfortunately, the news only made Rus upset.  I eventually talked Rus down.  It was only once, the teachers had been informed, we would talk to Wyatt about talking to us and his teachers if Colin bothered him.

I went to pick up Wyatt's stuff from school on Friday since I didn't get his stuff the last day.  When I was there I took a moment to find Colin's hook hoping there would be a photo of him.  I was expecting a large five-year-old, but he was actually a cherubic looking lad.  His photo might have been old, but he looked younger than Wyatt.

Not gonna worry about him.

Still we talked to Wyatt about telling us about people hurting or bothering him and about telling his teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.