Friday, August 21, 2009

Oakland Zoo

We went to the Oakland Zoo last Wednesday with the grandparents McLaughlin. I think that Wyatt really enjoyed the zoo, particularly the petting zoo part. I think they call them "contact areas" now. Maybe it was more that I enjoyed watching him so much.

Notice he managed to keep his hat on.

The Oakland Zoo wasn't quite as depressing as I expected. I did not like the hyena exhibit though. There was only one hyena and all he did was pace back and forth. Maybe he was expecting food because he was at the gate. I don't know. We didn't see any lions as they were off in the shade. They have a lot more giraffes than I expected.

Towards the end of the day Wyatt was starting to get sick of being in his stroller and being held. I finally acquiesced and let him crawl on the cement. I had to watch him like a hawk though because he wants to put everything in his mouth. I think that is because he can't have any crackers or chew anything hard. It's making him crazy.

I am really glad we went though, we all had a good time and it was nice to be out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.