On Friday, when Lisa was here, she informed us that the Regional Center is imposing some new criteria for services based on state budget cuts. Essentially they are eliminating much of the "at risk" services component. Unless a child is behind in milestones by 33%, they do not qualify. We are scheduled for services through September. Lisa will test him again, but unless he is behind enough we will be cut off. Rus and I are really sorry to hear that because we like Lisa, Wyatt likes Lisa and I think it has been beneficial for Wyatt. I think it is sad that there have cuts to this important program, but if the resources are limited, I don't think we are the neediest family out there right now.
Lisa is hoping that Wyatt will test behind, which I think is really weird. She keeps saying that the milestones for 18 months is where a lot of kids have trouble. I think that we can request re-testing when Wyatt is 18 months adjusted. Plus, there is the NICU follow-up clinic. I have emailed Dr. Malhotra, too, because he had told us to continue with physical therapy. Hopefully, we can get therapy through Kaiser. We will see how that goes.
Wyatt's surgery is next Thursday. I am scared. Rus is planning to stay with him the first night and I will stay with Wyatt the second. I talked to Marie Waters on Thursday about what to expect. I found out that "no nos" just keep babies from bending their elbows, they aren't restraints. She said to wear dark clothing because he might be bleeding and draining out of his mouth. Wyatt will be in a crib. We probably won't have a private room. We shouldn't expect to sleep much at all.
We went by Small Trans on Friday and got the paperwork to start Wyatt in day care three days a week starting September 1st. He will go Tuesday through Thursday. I will still have Fridays off and a lot of holidays are on Monday. We saw Sara's son, Luke. He is going to be transitioning to the older kids area in Sept. Wyatt will start in the younger kids area. Too bad, but hopefully Wyatt will move soon. I have a feeling that Wyatt is going to be overwhelming!
I bought some sand dabs and made them for dinner tonight. They are gross! I didn't realize sand dabs are related to flounders. I try not to eat things that eat off the bottom of the ocean floors. Flounders are just gross. I thought I had sand dab fillets, but they are so small that they don't really fillet them. I got the whole fish with bones. They weren't all cleaned completely. It was just disgusting. The whole thing.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.