Friday, August 21, 2009

Surgery update

Wyatt has finally stopped snoring as of last night. He is off the painkillers as of today. He is holding up pretty well. I gave him some diced banana last night. He was really happy to have something to pick up. I really think he misses the texture of his food. As a consequence, he is mouthing everything around him. I have had to fish several items he was chewing out of his mouth.

I talked to Dr. Yokoo last Tuesday. She gave the OK for Wyatt to start eating hard stuff two weeks from surgery. Our discharge instructions were three weeks, so that's a good thing. I am sure that Wyatt will be so happy to have his crackers again. She also cleared him to have a spoon. She probably thought he was using it to eat, not mouth though. He has been so mad not to have a spoon. He has melted down several times over us not letting him have one.

She said we don't have to come in again for a post-op. She will see him in six months at the next craniofacial clinic and then every year after that until he is around 12. That is mostly to follow his speech. She was not concerned about the snoring or excessive drooling. We should be in to see craniofacial for another speech evaluation and hearing test soon. He should also have the high risk NICU follow-up clinic soon after his estimated due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.