Surgery is over. Dr. Yokoo said it went better than she expected and Wyatt should only be there for one night. Wyatt has been able to drink a little bit of apple juice out of a paper cup. He wasn't fond of the syringing and they won't let him use his bottle yet. We did not use the no nos. They were on him for a total of 15 seconds when he was in recovery. He does not have a private room, which is annoying. The IV line is kind of short to be used comfortably by Wyatt in the crib. It's fine unless he decides to roll over the wrong way. Not that we have used the crib much. We tried to put him down several times, but he keeps on waking up and crying. I feel for Rus, who is staying with him tonight. We had agreed Rus would do the first night and I would do the second. I may not have to do a night now. I am very relieved because being in that hospital makes me feel horrible.
Wyatt slept off and on most of the day. He is on morphine and tylenol with codeine so it is kind of hard not to. We mostly held him and just let him sleep in our arms.
Patricia and Glynn were with us in the waiting room while we waited through the three hour surgery and were nice enough to bring food. They got to visit Wyatt briefly during one of his semi-conscious, crying jags.
So Jane and I are here at home by ourselves. I have the opportunity to sleep very well, but I doubt I will without my boys.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.