Thursday, January 27, 2011

Preschool

I am not really sure what Seth's deal is. He keeps waking up at night and not wanting to go back down. He isn't eating that well. He's very inconsistent though. He definitely has another cold.

We have moved him to his convertible seat now that we have it back from my boss. That means he is in the MacClaren stroller now. I used to put their day care bag and my purse in the bottom of the snap and go. That freed my hands to chase down Wyatt if need be. The other stroller doesn't have that much room so I carry the bag and purse.

However, Wyatt has been interested in pushing Seth in the stroller. This makes the trip a good deal longer, but keeps Wyatt occupied. He pushes him, then stops, looks at Seth, pats him and says, "Hi baby Seth." Seth smiles and kicks his legs in response. Wyatt can't see over the top of the stroller really. I am not sure how he manages to navigate as well as he does. We must look pretty funny walking down the street - my self-pushing stroller and I.

Today Wyatt lost interest though so I predict battles to come. I think I am going to convert to a backpack to make myself more agile.

I had a job interview today. I applied on a whim on a day when a co-worker was really bothering me. Then we started interviewing for a position in my department and I thought I probably needed to brush up on my interviewing skills so why not go through an interview. After I set up the interview, I found out one of the hiring people is someone I have met and knows my boss. Eek.

I went through with the interview anyway. I don't feel like I did a great job, but at least I realize I am out of practice and I need a handle on my resume.

Now is really not the time for this crap though as we are still house hunting. Well, sort of. And now we need to start looking at preschools for Wyatt. Tis the season for open houses and applications! I went to one open house at the Temple Sinai Preschool and have another scheduled at the Grand Lake Montessori on Monday morning. I was told preschool was expensive, but I never really believed it was THAT expensive. I have found one place near us that is $1000 a month for full-time, but they require potty training. Frankly, I am suspicious that they are so cheap, but we will have to check them out. I think that average so far is $1400/month for full-time.

We actually went to a preschool fair last weekend. That was insane. Wyatt ran around like a nut and one of us chased him. Rus ended up talking to some woman who had a preschool in San Leandro, which would be WAY OUT OF THE WAY. Way to focus McLaughlin. He signed ME up to be contacted by her, but then didn't sign up to be contacted by the Montessori school near us. Why? Who the hell knows. He could give me no logical explanation. He couldn't even give me an explanation actually.

Seth now has four teeth on top and two on the bottom. He is only taking around one nap per day. That's horrible. I feel horrible about it. Sleep is so important, but we just can't make it work here. I never should have converted the bedroom for Wyatt. Now there is no where you can go and shut the door to sleep. What the hell was I thinking? I think I thought I could get the boys in to the same room sooner. I was thinking we would move the TV to the other room and have the crib where the TV was and we would shut the doors to what was our living room.

Well, I need to go to bed. I had a lot more updates, but I can't keep up with that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.