Since Wyatt didn't want to have his picture taken, Rus said we didn't need to take Seth when I asked to which I replied, "Get over there." I mean Seth deserves a Santa picture in his own right and I have to admit I was also tickled over the fact that I realized as we were leaving that Seth was in the same fleece sleeper that Wyatt was in last year. When we realized that we put him in the same jacket to complete the look.
And here is Wyatt knocking over a reindeer.
There was a party for the kids on the 23rd at day care. Rus and I attended. One of the dad's dressed up as Santa. Again, Wyatt wanted nothing to do with Santa. The kids in the toddler room buy each other gifts through a Santa exchange. Wyatt got a sweet set of hot wheels. They wheeled the infants in to the party in the bye bye buggy. They looked so cute. Seth was the only one tapping his toes and doing his pilates workout.
For Christmas Eve, Rus made pizza and we opened a few presents before putting the boys to bed. Then the real fun started - Rus assembled the shopping cart. It required some pounding to get it together.
Christmas morning Wyatt awoke to a shopping cart full of presents and then some. He was one delighted little boy. He kept asking for more presents. He was thrilled with his blue guitar and even more thrilled with the broom he got that he calls "big guitar." In fact, he often hands the toy guitar to Seth and uses the broom. Sometimes he drums and I get the broom, I mean guitar, and we march around the apartment in a parade. We rock out a lot. I have a ton of video of this stuff I just have to spend some time going through it. Wyatt got so much stuff it was almost obscene so I held back the train set and will give that too him for his birthday. But then I gave him part of it. More on that later.
Christmas we went to Roger and Ed's. I kind of thought Roger was joking when he said lobster, but there it was. We had a fabulous dinner. My major contribution was mac and cheese. I made red cabbage, but forgot about it in the microwave! Oh well, we didn't need the food. The kids had a great time running around. Well, not Seth. Geppetto got Seth a little Nautica suit. It's cute and totally impractical. He got Wyatt a huge black and decker tool set. We have decided to keep it in the trunk for now.
That's all for now. New Years Eve at Bar Crudo, True Grit, illness, neurology appointments, RSV, hospital stay and recovery to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.