Monday, October 27, 2008

Cardiology visit

Wyatt weighs 11lb 2oz now. They measured his length at 22 3/4", but I am sure that is too short. His saturation was 100%, which is great. The cardiologist, Dr. Tyndall, did hear a murmur, but a Stills Murmur that he says is common in children. I think he said 40-50% of children have a heart murmur. He did not hear a VSD murmur, which he says sounds like a swoosh or woosh. He told us that 90% of the type of VSD that Wyatt has close on their own. He said he thinks Wyatt's heart is fine, he has seen his heart and knows that there are not any other structural or muscular problems, and Wyatt does not need to be followed up by him again unless Dr. Saba finds something new later on. So that is good news. Another specialist seen and left behind.

He did mention that Wyatt's breathing is noisier than most children, he mentioned stridor, but that it is upper airway congestion. I still think that it is the reflux that is causing the problem. I think that it is more under control than it has been in a while, but problematic nonethless.

Wyatt had a really bad case of the snarfles last night. I had to suction him twice. I also picked him up and held him for a while and so did Rus. We are seriously getting sleep deprived. And here I just fed him and am almost finished cleaning the pump. I was about 5 minutes away from napping, but he just woke up. I think he had a reflux incident. He has the snarfles again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.