Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Malhotra!!!

Dr. Malhotra, my old adversary
Dr. Malhotra still thinks that Wyatt is hypertonic. He also thinks he keeps his hands clenched more than normal (50% of the time versus 40% of the time) and he can't keep a sustained lift of his head at 45 degrees. Wyatt lifts his head about 30 degrees and immediately puts it down. He can lift and turn his head to the side though, which is good. He said in general Wyatt is improved since last time he saw him.

He said he would still offer the MRI at this point, but wouldn't push it. He is referring us back to physical therapy again. I told him the PT didn't think Wyatt was hypertonic, but he thinks that he knows better and in truth he probably does. He studied with Blusen-something. Whatever that means. He said it wouldn't hurt Wyatt and they can show us exercises to do at home.

Wyatt is following objects as expected. He says Wyatt's visual range is about 18". He asked us if we had noticed a change in his stiffness and I said I didn't know. He never seemed stiff to me, but I have no point of reference really. The only reason I know he is stiff is because he told me Wyatt is stiff. Wyatt's limbs are symmetrical in movement, which is something I had been worried about. I thought he had a preference for his right side.

We talked a bit about his feeding and whether Wyatt choked and sputtered. I said only when the nipple got worn out. He asked us who was helping with his feeding and I said no one really. We saw OT, but she said his bottle feeding was fine and it was the cleft palate that was the issue. Malhotra asked if crano-facial was involved and I said not really although I had talked to Peg on the phone.

Actually, Peg was going to try and stop by to see Wyatt, but didn't. I am not surprised. I figured something would come up.

Dr. Malhotra wants to see us in three months. So, we will go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.