Saturday, May 2, 2009

Eating

I am spending more effort in getting Wyatt to eat more finger foods. He still has a palmar grasp, so the food he picks up ends up in palm. I feed him mostly, sometimes I don't think I give him enough of a chance to feed himself. I have given him cauliflower bits and fussilli pasta. Unfortuntately, I forgot he isn't supposed to have wheat yet and gave him whole wheat pasta, but so far so good.

I got my organic box last Thursday and made a puree of the cauliflower and apples. I made a puree of zucchini last week. I froze it in ice cube trays and transferred to a ziploc bag. I typically serve Wyatt a about six bits of pasta with puree and a little unsalted butter. Six bits seems to be the limit for now.

After that he gets cereal with puree and drinks formula from a cup. He can't hold the cup and drink out of it yet. He can hold the cup, he just decides to shake it once he has his hand on it.

After that is done I offer him a bottle, but he hasn't been drinking that much. I guess I should offer the bottle first.

I tried small curd cottage cheese and puree, but he hated that. I have given up on the cottage cheese for now.

He will eat bits of avocado.

I was debating giving him some of the pasta sauce I made, but it is way to boozy. And I looked online at how much alcohol is left behind by various cooking methods. Best to just steer clear I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.