Sunday, May 31, 2009

Park and pooping

Wyatt woke up at 4:45 this morning because his diaper was poopy. I changed him, gave him a bottle and put him back in his crib. It took around 15 minutes for him to fall asleep. He woke up again at 7:40. Rus and I had quite a hard time getting everything together to take him down to San Mateo. I barely got Wyatt packed, let alone the salad stuff I was supposed to bring.

Once we had dropped Rus off I actually went by Mollie Stones and bought potato salad since I didn't get around to making any. Then we went and hung out with Paula at her apartment until we were supposed to meet Tammy and Cris at the park. Wyatt rolled all over Paula's apartment like a fool. It was so funny to watch. He actually started to roll around a corner and down the hall. Wish I would have gotten that on video. Here's a taste though.


We met Tammy, Cris and Tammy's son, Devin, at the Central Park in San Mateo. Devin had just gotten up from a nap and he was a little overwhelmed with all the people. He was particularly overwhelmed with Wyatt who immediately leaned over and had his hands all over Devin. It was pretty funny and cute. I took some video and you can hear Tammy, Cris and Paula in the background going "Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Wyatt was also fascinated with Devin's shoes and he kept trying to take them off him. Devin didn't like that so much either. Devin is two, but the size of a four-year-old. Here's a funny little clip of Devin and Wyatt. Wyatt was not hurt.



I brought Wyatt's feeding chair so I could feed him at the park. He ate his lunch, but was eager to get out of his seat again. Everyone was watching him and waiting for him to crawl. It's kind of funny since he is so close, but I have seen the routine of him getting on all fours and then sitting back down enough to not get too excited. Don't get me wrong, when it finally happens I will hoot, hollor and clap my hands. Cris and Paula could not get enough to Wyatt. I think my the end of the day they were both convinced they needed to have a baby of their own. Cris even offered to take Wyatt with her. I considered it momentarily . . .

I thought I had brought Wyatt's hat, but apparently I either hid it too well or I forgot it, but I didn't have it at the park so I put sunblock all over Wyatt's head including his hair and scalp. Then I made his hair stick straight up.

I could not get him to take a nap until I put him in the stroller and rolled him around. I think that he might have slept an hour at the park and thankfully he fell asleep in the car on the way home, but I don't think that he slept more than 1.5 hours today.

He slept a bit in his seat when we got home, then I gave him a bath to get the sunblock off. It took some doing. I noticed he has a lot of flakes on his scalp and thought I better give him another bath after dinner. When I picked him up, I saw he had pooped in the tub. I set him on his mat, on a towel until I finished cleaning the tub.

I gave him dinner. He wasn't very happy during dinner. I took him to the bathroom and he had more poop in his diaper. I cleaned him and put him in the tub again. I scrubbed his scalp, which only made matters worse. I picked him up and again he pooped in the tub!

I cleaned the tub, re-washed him, dressed him and took him back in the kitchen to try dinner again. He didn't last long. We played on the mat a bit, I smelled poop and sure enough he pooped again.

I changed him.

He pooped again.

I gave him his bottle. By then it was only 6:30 but he seemed upset and exhausted. So around 7pm I put him to bed. He tossed and turned. He whined a bit. I checked on him. Finally at around 7:30 I decided to try the bottle again. I put him back to bed. He was furious. He screwed-up his face, cried, pumped his fists and kicked his legs. I told him he needed to go to sleep, I loved him and I rubbed his head a bit.

I left. At 7:50 I was about to give up on him ever going to sleep, but he was asleep. He was just whining in his sleep. He had a hard time getting in to a good position. I went in later to check on him and to smell him to see if he had pooped. I will check again before I go to bed.

It's so weird being here alone with just Babbee and Jane. I am glad my parents get here tomorrow.

Rus just called me. There is nothing to report from the ride down. He and the rest of the crew are at the IGN LA office waiting for the big boss to show up. I think that these people work late. All the games Rus was supposed to be working on have changed and he is now working on Nintendo. I asked it that was a good thing and he said he didn't know yet. Rus thought that the pooping incidents were funny of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.