Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Crawling?

So Wyatt took a wee crawl on the rug today. It was short and he flailed a bit, but I think it counts! He is crawling towards a magazine by the way (Cooking Light actually).

Go Wyatt Go!

Wyatt continues to poop in the tub. He did last night and tonight. It's clearly become a totally offensive habit. I talked to Rus tonight and he thinks I should stop bathing him every night. I said I would think about it. He loves his water play time so much.

Rus is too busy down at E3 to have fun he says. He has gotten to cover some good games though. Rus made it through most of the day on three power bars before having dinner at 8pm. He had been up since 6am and still had one more article to write at after I got off the phone with him at 9:15pm.

Tonight for dinner my parents made spaghetti with chard, white beans, tomato, garlic and cheese. It was really good. I let Wyatt try chard, a white bean and some spaghetti. He seemed to like it all at first, but I don't know if he was just tired of eating or what because he seemed to get tired of the spaghetti.

He got up at 7am this morning, which was nice. I slept in until 6:40. He didn't wake up during the night, but he did cry out a few times (at 3 and 5am). I lied as still as possible hoping he wouldn't wake up. Luckily he didn't. I was surprised that he slept so long because he slept so much during the day. Just goes to show you that sleeping less during the day and not taking adequate naps can backfire.

He has been really difficult to get to sleep at night though. It seems like 8pm is becoming his normal sleep time. He was exhausted from not sleeping that well in the afternoon so I tried to put him down at 7:30. He didn't fall asleep until closer to 8. He is getting sort of out of control. If he was older, I would say he was starting to throw tantrums. Without his sleep sack, he is able to sit up much more easily. He also knocked over his video monitor.

If my theory about naps holds true, Wyatt will get up before 6am tomorrow. Yikes!

I unstrapped Wyatt from his feeding chair tonight, but left him sitting in his seat, and then was distracted by his spoon. I had been looking for it after he dropped it so I picked it up. Wyatt pitched forward from his chair and I caught him before he fell. Wyatt cried. I think it really scared him and I felt horrible. I pulled my neck pretty bad. It feels OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.