Tomorrow we have a photographer coming to take family pictures. She is coming to our house. We will probably pick an outdoor spot, like the Rose Garden, for some pictures as well.
We chose this weekend because I had an appointment to get my hair done today. My hair looks really good. It's colored and blown out straight and sleek. But it doesn't look like me. I am trying to decide whether to keep it for the photos the way it is (assuming that it looks good in the morning of course) or to let it do it's own thing tomorrow.
The whole point of hiring a photographer was to have pictures of us where we live as we truly are. My hair do is a lie. I can't do much about the color (and frankly there is only so far I am willing to go to be honest), but I feel like wavy hair is me. My glasses are another thing to think about. I won't wear this pair forever, so it feels more honest to go without the glasses.
Wyatt is having some hair issues too. He seems to be having a bout of cradle cap. Why now? Maybe he has been wearing a hat more and sweating. Anyway, I read that you should attempt to loosen the scales with petroleum jelly or mineral oil and then shampoo it all out. Sounds simple enough. I used Aquaphor because it has petroleum jelly and mineral oil. I scrubbed and then washed his hair three times with California Baby and then once with Aveeno baby shampoo.
I could not get it out.
Also, the loosened scales were sticking to the Aquaphor making him look like he has a major case of dandruff.
I washed him again tonight and scrubbed his head really, really well. It's looking better, but still a little greasy. At least it will lie flat on it's own now. I will have to try and wash his hair again tomorrow morning before the picture and give it a good brush and hope all the flakes are gone!
He also still has the remnants of a small bruise on his forehead. Hopefully, that will be gone tomorrow. He reminds me of his Uncle David.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.