Wyatt got me a very fancy card with an embroidered frog on the front and a spiffy and shockingly accurate hand-drawn portrait of me by Mr. WAM himself. It would likely have been worth billions in thirty years, but he forgot to sign it. Stephanie and I disagree on which parts of the drawing are my face, legs, arms, hair, penis and headphones. It's very impressionistic.
Things that didn't fall out of the card when I opened it: iPhone 3G S, money, lapdance coupons, a pony, chicken fried steak, or a bullwhip. However, it should be noted that Wyatt’s gift didn't arrive in time, so 3-4 of the aforementioned items should be arriving in the next few days.
Stephanie took me to a champagne brunch at Jordan's, one of the swanky restaurants at the also-swanky Claremont Hotel. I was fairly excited about this, as their menu advertised a number of “Action Stations!” and I’m all about the Action! I got me some Prime Rib Action!, Waffle Action!, and Dim Sum Action!, along with non-Action! but still good artisan cheeses, apple smoked bacon, sausages, etc. Meanwhile, Wyatt flirted with the pretty lady at the next table, and eventually got her number. Stephanie thinks she overheard the lady mention she was involved in the film industry. That's m'boy!
We're currently finishing out the day with me proving my love for my wife by indulging her in her love of “True Blood,” easily one of the worst shows currently on television, on my day of homage. Good God, it’s horrible.
I'm going to lie and tell Wyatt every day is Father's Day. For the next twenty years.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.