Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Toothbrush

Wyatt also likes to do raspberries on your stomach as well as your cheek. He enjoys climbing on you if you lie down on his mat. Last night he stopped and blew raspberries on my stomach.

Rus and Wyatt had lunch with me today at a Thai restaurant (Davan Thai) near work. Wyatt was really good the whole time. He spent most of the time inspecting the tags on his mirror. He only got antsy at the end. After lunch I brought him upstairs while Rus made some calls in the car.

Almost everyone fawned over Wyatt and held him with the exception of my co-worker David who is in his late sixties, never married, no kids. I get the general impression that he doesn't like kids. Wyatt actually put his arms out to be held by various people. Some he eyed suspiciously, but he never cried or was upset. He obviously wanted go down and not be held at a couple of points, but he held it together like a trooper.

At one point, while Ann Dunn was holding him, he got super excited and started flapping his arms. He slapped Ann so hard it made an audible slap. I felt horrible. I apologized. Ann took it with good humor thankfully. Kathleen, Tina and Sarah got to see and hold him. He almost kissed Tina. Tina seemed so genuinely delighted to see him I felt horrible taking him back down to Rus.

Wyatt certainly does not exhibit separation anxiety. He doesn't necessarily warm up to everyone either, but he doesn't get scared or cry.

When we put him down tonight he fell asleep pretty fast, but then cried out. I checked on him and saw he was asleep and left, but he cried out again. When I went in he barely had his eyes open but was upset, so I held him for a while and then put him down again. He fell back to sleep almost immediately.

Oh and Wyatt also got his toothbrush in to his mouth. The bristly part even. He mostly chewed the toothbrush, but at least the right end went the right place. He has started to let me brush his teeth again a little bit.

Eating has improved. He had mashed bananas, mashed avocado, oatmeal, yogurt and cheerios for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.