Friday, June 19, 2009

Photos are here

Rus and Wyatt went to Japan Center yesterday on a field trip. I had called from work to see if Wyatt was napping, since the past couple of days he has gone down to one short nap per day, and I could tell that Rus was on the street. I asked him where he was and was shocked to find that he was in San Francisco. I spent the rest of my work day chuckling to myself about my boys in Japan Center.

Today Lisa gave us an "informal" report on Wyatt's progress based on the tests she had completed. He is either at adjusted or ahead of adjusted age on most everything. His two weakest areas were language (no big surprise there) and self-awareness (or something like that). Things like understanding his name and looking for me if Rus says "mama." So that's all pretty good news. We also went back over a few things that we think he has started doing more recently. We were all also speculating about his hearing. Last time he was checked, his ears were clear, but maybe they are filled again. Who knows. I have to wonder because he went from saying "ga ga" to making a kind of guttural "laughing" noise only. Lisa said that could because he is working on a new sound.

Wyatt's favorite spots in the house right now are on the couch looking out the window, dumping the recycling in the kitchen, the step in the bathroom and where ever Jane happens to be. He discovered the entertainment center and how to open the doors on the cabinets today. He spends hardly any time at all on his mat.

We got the pictures from the photographer on disk today. I am uploading them to Shutterfly right now and I think I have around five more hours to go. They are big files. There are so many good ones of Wyatt I don't know which to print out. There are also some nice ones of all of us and Rus and Wyatt. Unfortunately, the ones of me and Wyatt by ourselves aren't so nice, but that's OK. At least there are some good ones with all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.