Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's day recap

Yesterday was my first mother's day. Rus let me sleep in. He even closed the bedroom door and positioned the pack and play by the door so Jane couldn't get to it and scratch. I remember waking at six-something, thinking I would get up at 7AM, but next thing I knew it was 8:30. Boy, that almost felt unnatural sleeping so late.

My parents were here and we all went out to Somerset for breakfast. I had my usual Huevos Rancheros. Next we came back and fed Wyatt then went to the Oakland Rose Garden and took some pictures. The roses are really in bloom right now.

My parents left later that night. After some discussion about ordering in food, I went to feed Wyatt and came back to check on Rus once and he was playing something on the X box. The checked him again and he was lying down with a headache. Next thing I know he was throwing-up in the bathroom. He is sworn off Somerset. He ended up going to bed at 8PM. So I had a couple of hours to myself.

I got a nice bouquet of flowers from Kami and Eric and a charm bracelet with a heart engraved with Wyatt's name and birth date. Rus is arranging to have a photographer do a photo session so we will have some "professional" family photos. I really wanted some taken where we live or outside. I think we will have some taken in our apartment and maybe at a park (like the Rose Garden) nearby.

Last Saturday we met Roger, Ed, Hana, Roger's mom Betty and some other friends at a park in Berkeley for lunch to celebrate Hana's birthday. It was pretty fun. Wyatt and Hana are so funny to watch. Wyatt was all over Hana. At one point she was playing with Roger or Ed's keys and he was relentless in trying to steal them from her. He finally did get them away. He also grabbed her hair, shirt and ear at some point. Hana did grab his hat, but for the most part played hard to get.

Wyatt also attacked Opa's head at one part, grabbing his hair and gnawing on his ear. He's getting out of control!

Development-wise, Wyatt has been feeding himself cheerios. He seems to be enjoying himself quite a bit. No crawling yet, but he seems so close. He has started to push himself backwards on his stomach a little.

We bought him a Leapfrog Activity table over the weekend as we had a coupon from BRU. Unfortunately, we don't have batteries for it yet. We thought it would be nice to have something Wyatt could stand at to play. You can also take the legs off and use it on the floor too. But you really do need batteries.

Wyatt also got some nice gifts in a package from his Grandparents Mclaughlin. He got a tamberline and some cars the you push a button and they run. Actually, maybe the cars are for Jane. She loves them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.