We went to the neurosurgery department today. The PA told us Wyatt doesn't have a tethered spinal cord, we are done with neurosurgery. No need to repeat the MRI later, it is conclusive. The PA thought his reflexes were fine and didn't think he had tone issues. He said that tone is really hard to measure in children and somewhat subjective.
I am so relieved! I could actually feel my back release when we left the office. I thought I wanted to hear that he had a tethered spinal cord, because I thought that at least has a definitive course of action. But really the idea of him having another surgery was horrible. Plus, with the tethered cord out of the picture, there are less birth defects clustered.
Needless to say I have emailed Malhotra for some sort of an explanation. He's killing me.
Our PT appointment got rescheduled out to 1/15.
Wyatt weighs 24lb 15.2oz. He's really starting to pack it on. He still seems to be 32".
We got the Pottery Barn Any Place Chair with R2-D2 slip cover with Wyatt's name today. I still can't believe I bought it. I don't know what I was thinking really.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.