On Saturday, we took Wyatt to Thompson Avenue in Alameda (aka Christmas Tree Lane). It was so much better than we imagined. The houses were amazing and there were a lot of people out walking. We even found parking right away!
About ten minutes after we got there we saw "Santa" being escorted down the street by volunteers with flashlights. One of the volunteers told us to follow them as Santa was on his way to the North Pole. After we passed I heard Santa grumble, ". . . from the North Pole. I came from the North Pole."
We didn't follow, but continued around the block. Santa happened to be placed in a large street divider directly across from our car. How could we resist? Plus, I was hopeful that babbee would be more eager to see Santa. We waited in line about 10 minutes to see Santa. Yes, there was a line. It was a rather professional operation including "Santa's donation box." Volunteers helped people back and forth across the street.
When Wyatt got up there to see Santa, he did about the same thing he did with the mall Santa. This time he actually made some effort to escape by making his body rigid in hopes he would slide off his lap. Everyone in line loved it. I wish we had had a better camera than the iPhone, but oh well. Next year we will be more prepared.
After we saw Santa we took pictures in front of some of the houses. I told Rus that the whole thing was perfect and exactly what I wanted for Wyatt. He agreed.
Apparently, Wyatt agreed too because as soon as we opened the car door he cried. He didn't want to leave!
About ten minutes after we got there we saw "Santa" being escorted down the street by volunteers with flashlights. One of the volunteers told us to follow them as Santa was on his way to the North Pole. After we passed I heard Santa grumble, ". . . from the North Pole. I came from the North Pole."
We didn't follow, but continued around the block. Santa happened to be placed in a large street divider directly across from our car. How could we resist? Plus, I was hopeful that babbee would be more eager to see Santa. We waited in line about 10 minutes to see Santa. Yes, there was a line. It was a rather professional operation including "Santa's donation box." Volunteers helped people back and forth across the street.
When Wyatt got up there to see Santa, he did about the same thing he did with the mall Santa. This time he actually made some effort to escape by making his body rigid in hopes he would slide off his lap. Everyone in line loved it. I wish we had had a better camera than the iPhone, but oh well. Next year we will be more prepared.
After we saw Santa we took pictures in front of some of the houses. I told Rus that the whole thing was perfect and exactly what I wanted for Wyatt. He agreed.
Apparently, Wyatt agreed too because as soon as we opened the car door he cried. He didn't want to leave!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.