Monday, March 7, 2011

no keys!

Our landlords are having thier house appraised and wanted to measure the windows to replace the blinds.  They needed to borrow our keys.  (Why they don't have any?  I don't really know.)  I gave them mine and they were supposed to come in on Tuesday morning.  I then forgot about the keys.

On Friday, Rus was supposed to go out for drinks with some people at GDC.  I said that was fine and went home with the kids.  Then I got to the door and realized I didn't have the keys.  My landlords had already left for Pacific Grove.

What could I do but call Rus and beg him to come home.  He immediately left, but I knew it would be while for him to get home from San Francisco.  I asked Wyatt if he wanted to go for a walk.  He said yes and we took off, but he changed direction and then decided he wanted to go home and watch TV.  I finally coaxed him in to the car.  I figured we would go down to Lakeshore and I would take them to dinner while we waited.

I parked and Wyatt refused to get out of the car.  So I dragged him out.  We stopped by Walgreens to get Seth some food and a spoon, then we walked to Rolling Dunes.  I ordered food (Wyatt even got pancakes for dinner) and we waited for Rus.

All in all, it could have been a lot worse.  The boys were pretty exhausted by the time we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.