Thursday, March 17, 2011

Random updates

We didn't get in to Mills.  What a dissappointment.  We really, really liked that school.  It would have been inconvenient to get to, but we would have made the sacrifice for Wyatt.

Rus took Wyatt back to Grandlake Montessori for another teacher visit.  They informed us that they enjoyed the visit and wanted to welcome Wyatt to enroll.  Rus told them we were considering other schools still.  Umm, what schools Rus?  What's the plan?

I decided to call today and tell them we want to enroll Wyatt.  I need this to be done and they were our second favorite.  The only problem is that they are expensive, but they are close to work and given we don't know when or where we are moving, that works out well.  I haven't actually talked to them yet, but I am hoping two days later they still have a spot.  I can always eat ramen every day for lunch right?  We ditch cable.

Wyatt has an ear infection right now so he is on antibiotics - both oral and ear drops.  I think that this will help clear up several things actually.  He put on his pants for the first time tonight.  I didn't even ask him to, he just did it.  We are re-sleep training him right now as when he had mono I slept in his room.  Well, he likes me to lay down with him.  I usually sneak out after he goes to sleep, but three nights in a row I have fallen asleep in there and woken at 2 something wondering what the hell happened.  I get nothing done.  So two night now I have put him to bed and then left the room.  He calls for me.  He has started to call me mommy.  I have such a hard time resisting a call of mommy.  It melts my heart.  He has woken Seth up twice.  He is doing pretty well about sleeping through the night and not calling for me between 2 and 4 am.

I wish I could say the same about Seth.  He keeps waking up at night.  He drinks like 10oz of formula too.  I don't think he is eating enough during the day or something.  Anyway, he also doesn't want to go back down.  I don't know, maybe it's the wacky time change.  Man I hate the time change with kids.  He just finished his antibiotics. He has his tube surgery on April 21st.  We still have the MRI on 4/12, but we will probably move it because it is too close to the tube surgery.  I have started to feed him table food.  He eats a bit of what we have for dinner, just chopped very finely.

I am so worn out right now.  It's not even about sleep.  I have been sleeping from 9-6 recently.  It's work.  It's the monotony of work and stress of a job I don't like.  It's also the boys.  I love them, but I haven't been away from them except for them or me being in the hospital.  My mom has taken them for the night, but if they are in the same location as me I can't help but go to them.  I realize I won't have a real vacation for a really, really long time. 

Oh well.  Paris is totally overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.