Dr. Saba decided it was time to refer Seth to ENT. Rus was able to take him immediately after he saw Dr. Saba. Tubes are a 15 minute outpatient procedure. We aren't particularly worried about the procedure itself, but we don't want another round of anesthesia so close to the MRI. Right now the tubes are the priority.
In the mean time, Seth got ibuprofen this evening and a new antibiotic that tastes horrible. I mean I tasted a drop and had a horrible aftertaste for like five or ten minutes.
Here's a picture of Seth. He found the day very taxing.

The ibuprofen did kick in this evening and Seth, Wyatt and I got some great play time in. (Rus had some work to catch up on, but that didn't stop Wyatt from delivering him plate after plate of imaginary birthday cupcake.)
We finally cracked open the box of cardboard blocks that Gran and Grandad bought for Wyatt this weekend. They have been a big hit with Wyatt who likes to makes trains out of them and generally knock down what ever kind of wall structure we create. We also decorated a number of them with stickers. We still have the box they came in lying around and Seth decided that we wanted to climb on it. He was pretty funny. Wyatt decided he wanted in on the action and a battle of wills ensued.
Here's me videotaping Seth falling off the box. No babies were hurt in the making of this film. OK, that's a lie.
And here are the boys fighting over the box before I decided to step in. No one was hurt this time. Moving to the mat just seemed safer. I have to say I admire Wyatt's restraint. You half expect him to just shove Seth off the box. I think he considers himself being subtle since I am watching him.
Seth is definitely starting to exert his preferences more and more. He follows Wyatt around and wants to do what ever Wyatt is doing. And Wyatt wants whatever Seth happens to have. Seth has started to "yell" when he wants something and lifts his arms up when he wants to be picked up. He pulled himself to stand for the first time this weekend and has learned to climb up a step. At the farmer's market this weekend I gave him little bites of curried fish and asparagus. He loved it. I usually get the Nepalese food from Cafe Zambala, but they weren't there for some reason. Seth really likes the lentils.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.