So Wyatt did indeed have an acute mono infection. Dr. Saba said it seemed a lot worse than it actually was because of the swollen lymph nodes. She said Wyatt's airway passages are on the narrow side because of the cleft palate closure. She said we could send him back to day care when he felt up to it and had been fever free for 24 hours. We sent him back to day care on Tuesday. Seth went back on Monday.
Wyatt seemed like he was getting really stir crazy at home, so we decided to let him go back to day care. He seemed happy to be back. He did get tired though and had to sit down and rest. He took an extra long nap. By Thursday I would say he was back to his old self.
This was Seth's last week of full time day care. Next week he starts two days a week. That will give Rus a little time to do some freelance stuff. They really want to keep Seth at day care. They basically said to figure out what we can afford to pay and that was fine. I am a little hesitant only because Seth has a fever this morning. It's not a high fever, but he clearly doesn't feel good. He is getting two more teeth in on the bottom, but I don't think that's it. I am sure it's minor, but it's a lot of illness.
I have finally gotten out of laying down with Wyatt so he can fall asleep at night, but he still wakes up towards the morning calling for me. Rus usually tends to Seth if he wakes up during the night. Rus has been staying up extra late to complete his assignments for GDC. Last night he was in bed by 8:30. I got up with Seth, but it was clear at that point he didn't feel good. I tried to get him back down, but he kept waking up and crying. Then Wyatt started calling for me and getting progressively louder and more upset. I ended up having to wake up Rus anyway to take Seth.
Wyatt refused to go back to sleep. He was wet, his diaper had leaked, so I changed it. He said he wanted to watch a movie, but I told him no since dada and baby were still asleep. He hit me several times. We are having a big hitting problem right now. Anyway, there was a lot of screaming, crying, hitting and dumping of goldfish crackers. Everyone was woken up. Wyatt got a time out.
So, seems one of us is sick again. Poor Seth. He's asleep on Rus right now. He really doesn't feel good.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.