Saturday, April 12, 2008

20w1d

We had one heck of a flight down to Long Beach. First, the plane was "unbalanced" and eight people in the rear of the plane had to move to the front. Rus and I offered to move, mostly because we were surrounded by a pack of chatty French teenagers, only to find that there were only middle seats available. The man in the row they were moving me too made a stink, but moved over to sit close to his daughter/girlfriend/niece so I did get to sit on the isle. I realized that the reason the plane was unbalanced was because Jetblue just started this new feature where they charge you $10 extra to sit in the front 15 rows where there is 4" more room. Of course, who wants to pay for 4" unless you are pretty tall, particularly on a 1 hour flight. So too many unsold spots at the front of the plane. Somebody didn't think it through. I would have been pissed had they moved a bunch of people to the front of the plane when I paid more money to have those seats. I guess though, getting off the ground is more important.

There was also a medical emergency (we suspect one of the French teenagers had a seizure.) One of the flight attendants asked if there was a doctor on the plane. I saw the man across the aisle from me look back slowly. He eventually (very begrudgingly) got up and went to the back of the plane. He was probably a urologist of something.

The stewardess in the front of the plane was also pretty surly. Opps! I mean FLIGHT ATTENDANT. Oh well, there are worse things that could have happened on a flight.

Today we are having a Hawaiian-themed brunch with the whole US located family (Hi Mr. Chris!). Not so much in food (although we are having spam), but in decor. I don't know where my mom ever got such a massive collection of shell necklaces.

I would also like to add that my skin was started to clear up after only one day of being here. As soon as I entered month five my skin has been insane! I have had ugly, painful acne. Almost like what happened in Japan and Korea. (In fact, just yesterday one of my workers guessed I was having a boy based on the fact that my skin was totally freaking out. He prefaced it with "Now don't get mad . . . ").

It must be the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.