Among the many treasures in the package we just got from Rus' parents was Bergens Junior!

The original Bergens was given to Rus by his Aunt Nell for Christmas when he was one. Upon being handed the dog, Rus pronounced him "Bergens!" He doesn't know where the name came from or why he was so coherent at 1, but if you look at the picture below you will see how clearly Rus loves Bergens.
++RUS+MEETS+BERGENS,+THANKS+AUNT+NELL.bmp)
When we looked through old photos of Rus to find the Bergens picture. I really noticed this time how happy Rus was as a baby. It gives me great hope that FM will take after him and not me. I wasn't the happiest of babies.
Yes, Bergins Senior is also a dalmatian, and bigger... roughly the size of 1-year-old Rus. There are a few B&W pics somewhere (Dad's laptop, I suspect) of me finally wallowing in the post-Christmas carnage, with Bergins close by. Naturally, I pinned the whole thing on him.
ReplyDelete