I have become an asshole. I would like to blame that on hormones, but I am not sure that is fair. Maybe I have always been an asshole and I just didn't realize it. I just feel a great urge to start screaming at everyone lately. (Luckily for them, Rus and my office mate are not included.) I stopped to ask my co-worker Sara, who is also pregnant, about the level II ultrasound. I wanted to know how long it would take, but before she could really tell me, another co-worker stopped by and had to tell us how she gained no weight in the first trimester and she's a saint because she breastfed until 16 months. I managed to keep my mouth shut, but poor Sara mentioned she was only going to breastfeed for 3 months this time and oh, no she has to do it for at least 6 months. And Sara is gaining too much weight and did you know you don't really need to eat any extra calories in the first trimester. I eventually walked away when my office mate walked up and asked what was going on. Good grief.
Rus keeps reminding me that we NEED advice and we do. There is just a difference between asking for it and getting on a soap box unasked. That's what blogs are for! Maybe I should change this blog name to "I am a big fat whiner?"
I nearly got in a tizzy over FM. I had this whole scenario in my head where he wasn't eating any vegetables and there was Rus next to him also not eating vegetables and I was just incredibly angry at the two of them. Obviously they were in some kind of cahoots with the intent of making me crazy. Poor FM! He hasn't even been born yet and I want to ground him.
When I was a kid my dad used to tell us that the "Bean Inspector" was coming to check up on us and make sure we were eating our vegetables. I think this was particularly effective when a helicopter was in the vicinity. I don't really recall what the BI did if you didn't eat your vegetables, but he was quite persuasive in getting my brother Chris to eat up. (I, of course, being older and wiser, was not so easily fooled, but I did like to egg Chris on.) For the most part not eating your vegetables was something Chris and I did not get away with, but I think things got a little free and lose with David and Eric. I swear Eric ate Honey Nut Cheerios at dinner for a year. My parents have no memory of this. My dad probably doesn't remember packing us liverworst and cabbage sandwiches in grade school.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.