I don't want to be a pregnancy princess. You know one of those women who thinks it is all about her. For example, my friend Alice told me about how her sister began crying on the bus at 7 weeks because she didn't have a seat. Yet, I am still astounded that I have been asked if I would like a seat on BART 4 times so far. And it isn't that I even want a seat, I only go two stops, but the failure to make eye contact is astounding. I am sure that at some point I will be unstable enough that I will want that seat. I only hope by then my belly will be too big to ignore.
One of the times I was asked if I wanted a seat was last night, but for some reason the woman thought I was close to giving birth. When I told her I had a few months left, she was pretty embarrassed and started blabbering on incessantly about whether this was my first, her daughter, having more, anything she could think of until we both got off the train at Rockridge. So really, she only gave up her spot because she was getting off the train anyway.
So outside of BART I can't get people to leave me alone. On BART, I can't get people to notice I am alive.
Maybe I can work from BART!? Just rid the Pittburgh/Bay Point to Daly City all day long. I will take the ignoring over the intruding any day.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.