Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Discharge classes

Wyatt oxygen flow was reduced to .25L today. Otherwise, I don't think that they made any changes at rounds. We have been missing rounds lately because his feeding time was moved to 11am. So, Pat filled us in. If he does well over night, they will take him off tomorrow. They are also trying to get him off of the diuretics before he goes home.

He is now 8lb 6oz.

We had our CPR class, discharge class and were shown how to insert an NG tube. We didn't actually insert an NG tube. Christine just showed us how to measure it out and how to tell if it is in the right place. We have a stethoscope we will use to listen to his belly as we push some air in. The nebulizer and feeding pumps also came, but the bags did not so we haven't been shown how to use either.

Along with the nebulizer was a tiny little mask to go over his mouth and nose. All the nurses went ga ga over it because they had never seen anything so tiny. One suggested making a Christmas ornament out of it. I love the idea! I am hoping to make a Wyatt first Christmas ornament.

I am glad we got the CPR class again because I felt like I forgot a lot from the Red Cross class. Grandma and Grandpa McLaughlin also got to attend. I think that everyone left feeling pretty excited about Wyatt coming home. As soon as he is off his oxygen, they will do the two hour infant seat test. Wyatt basically has to sit in his infant seat while being monitored for two hours. If for some reason there was a problem, he would have to go home in an infant car bed.

Otherwise, not much else happened except that Wyatt was being super-cute. I fed him 20ML out of his bottle. At one point he was getting fussy and I wasn't sure what he wanted. I was just about to give him a burp when he lunged and pulled his bottle forward at the same time. He also gave out a little grunt while he did it. He was still awake when we were supposed to start class so Pat eagerly volunteered to hold him. She really does like Wyatt.

We will go back this evening and try to bottle feed him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.