Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baby's first oatmeal bath

We have had to resort to the colloidal oatmeal bath to take care of Seth's extremely dry skin.  That and hydrocortizone ointment twice a day, a layer of aquafor on his scaly spots and cetaphil on the rest of him.  After that I put him in fresh pair of PJs.  I have also stopped rinsing him off every day.  I was putting him in the tub after dinner to clean him off, but I think I am drying him out too much.  He didn't seem to mind the oatmeal bath.  He did try to drink it.  I keep a cup on the rim of the tub to rinse with.  Seth likes to pick it up and drink out of it.



 He smelt like breakfast.

And this is what his back looks like and why we are making these changes.

It doesn't seem to be bothering him in terms of itching.  It's mostly on his back with a few small spots on his belly and legs. But it really, really bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.