Monday, May 30, 2011

Twinned teeth and monkeys

Rus took Seth to the dentist and his crazy tooth is either twinned or fused.  They don't really know right now, but we don't need to worry about it.  They aren't going to seal it.  He goes back in six months at the same time as Wyatt.

We had a "transition" meeting with Grandlake Montesorri.  I now know that Wyatt is going to be only the second new child in the Gingko classroom.  There is one other new girl that started a month ago but other than her, everyone else is transitioning from another younger classroom at some point.  So, I felt like the odd person out and this is quite different than what I expected.  I am sure that Wyatt will be fine.  His first week they want him to go part-time if we can arrange it.  They have a drive-thru drop-off spot too, but we shouldn't use that right away either.  We will start potty-training Wyatt a few weeks after he starts the new school.  They will start him on cloth diapers there.

I bought a family pass to the Oakland Zoo and we finally put it to use yesterday.  The boys, particularly Wyatt, had a great time.  Seth, I think, felt a little confined.  Wyatt was most excited to see the elephants, but it took us a while to find them.  I don't think he understood why he couldn't go in to the exhibit to see them.  He also managed to squeeze through a gate in one part of the zoo and Rus had to hop a fence to go after him.  Someone who worked at the zoo asked if Wyatt was looking for a job.

The birds in one of the enclosures scared Wyatt as did the monkeys.  I found out today that the reason the monkey scared him was because he was afraid that the monkey was going to fall.  The monkey was hanging from a tree branch at one point over a lagoon swinging around.  He looked like he was barely holding on as monkeys do.

Wyatt seems to be fearful of people or animals falling.  He actually got upset on our walk today when a cat rolled on it's side as he thought it had fallen over.  I am beginning to think that is Rus and my doing.  We have made him a little overcautious.  I often hear him telling himself, "Careful."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.