I think Mother's Day is just going to be one of those holidays where nothing goes as planned. I think next year I am getting myself a hotel room and sleeping in AND ordering room service for breakfast. Was it last year or the year before I awoke to Jane vomiting every where? The year before last. Last year I was severely pregnant with Seth.
Things actually went down hill the Thursday prior. After a Cinco de Mayo fiesta at day care, Wyatt awoke vomiting in the middle of the night. He did not go to day care the next day.
On Sunday Seth vomited. We had plans to go out to brunch to the Lake Chalet restaurant. I told Rus I didn't think that we should go. He insisted that the boys being sick would not ruin my mother's day brunch. I said we could go the following weekend, but he really wanted to go.
About five minutes in to brunch Wyatt announced he was finished and wanted to go. We told him he had food coming but he didn't really care. I fed Seth some sweet potatoes and then he kindly started vomiting. I asked our waitress for some towels and she ended up cleaning up the vomit. Then our food came and after a couple of bites I could tell Wyatt was starting to go green. I told Rus I thought he was going to go. So he grabbed Seth and Wyatt and headed out. He told me to take my time. Like I wanted to hang out there any longer!
On the way home Wyatt vomited in the car.
The rest of the day was vomiting and diarrhea. Wyatt's poor butt was so raw he screamed every time we changed him. I swear we changed his diaper every 45 minutes. Really, I am not exaggerating.
Monday I felt like I had a viral infection. I drove home from work with the heat blasting in the car. Wednesday night I got the runs. I went to work every day this week and Rus stayed home with both boys Monday and Wednesday. We sent Seth to day care on Tuesday since he hadn't had any issues since Sunday. But Tuesday night he seemed like he didn't feel well, so he stayed home Wednesday.
Rus took Wyatt in to see Dr. Saba on Tuesday who signed him off to return to day care as soon as he stopped vomiting and diarrhea. He returned to day care yesterday. I am glad he didn't have to miss Miss Judy the dance teacher. She comes every Thursday and he loves her.
Since we hadn't been to day care the Friday before Mother's Day, I didn't get the Mother's Day cards they made at day care until yesterday. That was a really nice surprise. I had wondered why they didn't do anything. Now I know. One of the cards had a really goofy picture of Wyatt in it. I loved it. I love my cards.
We had to postpone having a cake for Seth on Tuesday because of everyone but Rus being sick. We had planned to go to the zoo for his birthday on Sunday, but now there is a big storm coming in! Poor Hams! He'll never have a celebration.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.