My feet are pathetic right now. It doesn't help that my Rus keeps saying "cankles" and laughing at me. Actually he has been great, other than the cankles comments. He has been able to feel the baby now twice, which has been amazing for him. The last time was during Iron Man. Wyatt decided to go nuts during the movie (apparently he liked it better than I did) and I decided to reach over and grab Rus' hand. I placed his hand on my belly and he got two good kicks.
I have to admit that the kicking is disconcerting for me sometimes. I almost jumped off the ultrasound table yesterday Wyatt caught me so off guard and really kicked me good. When he was smaller I would get this barely imperceptible warning. I think it was the movement of fluid. It let me know a kick was coming. Now, it is pretty much a surprise every time. He seems to be pretty random as well. Saturday through last night he was bouncing off the walls, but now he seems to have calmed down.
I have also had to stop wearing my watch and wedding ring. My hands and wrists are swollen too. Really I can't complain since I have had so little in the way of symptoms.
At my peri appointment yesterday Dr. Walton mentioned I had some calcification of the placenta, but he isn't worried about it. I wish he wouldn't have mentioned it then because I had to google it of course. (Dr. Walton also told me I need to stop reading so much.) I am sure I caught Rus smirking behind me when he said that. I know I am driving Rus nuts and I can fully appreciate why. It's just . . . I can't stop myself and frankly I don't want to. At the appointment the baby measured a week behind and I asked the Dr. Walton three times if that was OK and he said yes. Yet, I have brought it up at least twice to Rus since then. I think if Rus rolls his eyes anymore he might have a seizure. Dr. Walton chalked the fact that Wyatt is a week behind up to measurement error. I actually contemplated asking him to re-measure!
It's really the psychological aspects that have gotten to me during this pregnancy. I am not quite as worried as I was but still. I wish Dr. Walton wouldn't have mentioned the calcification. I know it can be normal later in pregnancy, but it can also be a sign of premature aging of the placenta. I just don't know at what point it is normal. However, the peri still thinks I might want to consider being induced at 39w, so clearly he isn't worried about it enough to think Wyatt will have to come too early. OK, I just talked myself off the ledge.
Dr. Walton particularly thinks I am going to want to induce because I am so anxious. You should have seen the sideways glances he gave me before he said so. He was looking at me like I was a nut. I said I didn't want to induce just because I am a nut. Rus has requested I put that in writing and sign it. I said I reserve the right to change my mind at any time I damn well please.
I also asked Dr. Walton how I would know if I had listeria.
Why do you think you have listeria?
I don't. I am just curious. My diet was maybe not as good as it should have been. I ate feta cheese and deli meat.
I have seen 2 cases of listeria in 20 years and in both cases the patients were febrile. Have you been febrile?
No.
You don't have listera.
Yes, he asked me if I was febrile. I don't know why he talks to me like that. Probably because I know what febrile means.
Also, Dr. Walton thinks that Rus' ultrasound skills are very good. He was able to find Wyatt's face when most people wouldn't have known what it was. That certainly includes me! I would post a picture of Wyatt to show you what I mean, but our printer/scanner is out of commission.
As far as home "readiness" goes. . . we bought a crib, but haven't picked it up. Other than that, well, not much else has happened so far. I ran right through my nesting phase in about one weekend. If we can actually pick up the crib and assemble it this weekend, I will be seriously impressed (and surprised).
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.