Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Opera at the Ball Park (6/20/2008)

We went to Opera at the Ball Park again this year. The opera was "Lucia di Lammermoor" which was in Italian with lots of Italian character names, but set in Scotland. Geppetto went with us again and brought his friend Wendy. Cris and Steve also attended as did Paula and Sean, but we missed Paula and Sean.

The soprano was pretty amazing, but the story of the opera was pretty typical. The Chronicle had a review of the soprano the day before the event and I think that resulted in a lot more people showing up. It was even more disorganized getting in to the park than last year. I asked Rus to go and get me garlic fries and he was gone for some 30 minutes.

That said it was free, so I really shouldn't complain too much about it. And it really was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.