Sunday, June 15, 2008

29w2d

My feet aren't so swollen today! Well, a little bit, but hooray! I guess because the weather isn't so hot. Maybe I can even put my wedding ring back on. Actually the scars on my feet are still puffed up. Interesting how that happens.

I received my 30 week pregnancy email from the American Pregnancy Association. I was disturbed to read that my feet will likely NOT go back to their normal size.

Your body is producing a number of different hormones that can cause your joints to become looser. This may result in your feet actually getting larger. Some women report that their feet grow one shoe size during their pregnancy. This is normally a permanent change.*

I mean damn! As if my hooves aren't big enough!

Rus is having a very serious discussion about video games with his dad. Glynn just bought a PS3. I can understand very little about what they are talking about, but I know it is about the PS3 and various games. I don't think I stand a chance of keeping Wyatt away from video games until he's 16.

Using my new at-home blood pressure monitor, my bp last night was 115/66. I rock. Rus' was 122/80, which is also good.

I am such a messy eater. I some how managed to get quinoa stuck to the inside of my shirt. Not at the top (it could have just fallen through the top), but at the bottom of my shirt. I don't know how I do it.

We had the second (and last) childbirth prep class yesterday. It was mostly about pain relief. I have to admit I am really conflicted now. I had fully intended to get an epidural, but I just don't know. I don't like the idea of feeling nothing, and I don't like the idea of being in pain. I just ordered some books from Amazon so maybe those will help me clear my head a little. I found out that Kaiser performs episitomies on less than 2% of births, which makes me very happy. Also, we talked about cord blood collection. Seems the AAP does not recommend it and neither did my peri. We really didn't have an inclination one way or the other. Since we aren't sure if we will have other children, it may not make much sense for us because typically the stem cells are used for siblings. Anyway, I may read up on it.

We also went to Noodle Theory with Paula, Sean, Cris and Steve last night for dinner. I do really like that place. We had ice cream at Ici afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.