Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meal meltdowns

I have an appointment with Dr. Walton on October 7th at 8:30AM. The appointment is before the craniofacial clinic appointment at 9AM. It is a tight fit, but I just want to get to see Dr. Walton as soon as possible.

Today at day care they took the kids out to the park to see the geese in the "baby buggee." I wish I would have known because I probably would have seen them from my window.

Wyatt has started to melt down during meals. He has taken a very intense interest in the bulletin board in the kitchen and the pictures on the board. I hold him and tell him the names of everyone in the pictures. He particularly likes baby David's birth announcement. Now during meals he starts pointing at the board and cries to be picked up and taken to it. I tried changing his chair so his back was to the board, but that didn't work. He really gets himself worked up and refuses to eat.

The other day I took him out of the seat in the middle of dinner and held him up to the board. I went over all the pictures, then I took David's birth announcement back to the chair with me. Wyatt held it while I finished feeding him dinner. He pointed to David's face a lot and "talked." Poor David's announcement was quite a mess at the end of dinner.

We looked at several pictures at dinner tonight including one of Wyatt and oma that didn't make it past the washing. Oma's face is a big blur. I would hand him a picture, he would point at the face, I would say "That's Kylee. Cousin Kylee." He would then hand the picture back to me and I would hand him a new one.

He also really likes the picture of Eric, Kami and Kylee in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.