Wyatt is saying dada. He actually said dada tonight and then I said "Where?" and he looked at Rus. I think when he wants Rus' attention he only says da though.
Lisa's re-evaluation has made no difference with early intervention services. She said she is a little concerned about Wyatt. There are some things that other kids his age are doing that he isn't doing. That wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. She said that she thinks that our case manager just isn't that good. Most of her other clients with different counselors have had their services extended. I have been wondering why Lisa seemed to be making such a big deal about his services being cut.
She must see something that Rus and I don't see. We think he seems fine, although he is obviously speech delayed. He doesn't mimic us, which is a little behind and he doesn't know how to use an object like a comb correctly, but I think that might be a matter of exposure. Rus also pointed out that Wyatt is doing some things Lisa hasn't seen that we have purposefully not told her about.
It will be interesting to see what the high risk infant follow-up clinic shows.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.