Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some new skills

I wanted to write a short update on Wyatt's new skills.

He has started to clap. I think that the patty-cake has really started to pay off. He was clapping against my hands if I held them palm up to him. Now, he is clapping his own hands together.

He is showing more interest in trying to walk while holding on to your hands. Unfortunately, he leads with his chest and tap dances more than walks, but it is nice to see an interest in moving while upright. I actually really like the tap dancing, and so does he. He gets really excited when you cheer for him. He is also starting to "bear crawl" (off his knees, with his legs straight). I think he is starting to get the possibility of walking on his own.

Also, he has been putting balls back in to the ball blowing machine.

He is handing things to us. Mostly, "the clapper" at this point. When you take the clapper from him you shake it and sing a little song and he sort of dances. Then you hand it back to him.

He is making more sounds and babbling.

He's been eating a more varied array of finger foods like fish, mac and cheese, and green beans. Rus and I are going to start planning our meals to accomodate Wyatt more. One of the good things about day care is that I feel some peer pressure to provide him with nice meals for lunch. It is motivating me to be more dilligent with the finger foods instead of just feeding him the purees. Clearly, he can handle it. Although, I think he is more apt to eat finger foods for other people than us.

He also had a taste of ice cream recently at the Eat Real food festival in Oakland - both cow's milk and goat's milk. Both were vanilla. He really liked both. He screamed when I stopped to lick the cone I was feeding him. When it was done I immediately moved on to yogurt until Rus got back with another cone. Wyatt had part of a papusa with beans and cheese and also some rice with adobo sauce as well at the festival.

Still there's nothing like a good tongue taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.