Saturday, September 19, 2009

WTF?

I am pregnant. Only just. I guess five weeks. I haven't been to the doctor to confirm yet, but three positive pregnancy tests say it is so.

You can imagine that Rus and I are totally in shock right now.

My cycles have been really strange lately. Two cycles ago I had a really long cycle because I had an ovarian cyst. Then I had a short cycle. This cycle was long, but I didn't think all that much of it since my cycles had been messed up. But I happened to have a pregnancy test from my previous long cycle so I decided to test on a whim. That was last Thursday. To my surprise I saw what looked like a positive test.

I immediately walked out to Rus, test in outstretched arm, and told him I appeared to be pregnant and asked him to read the test. Rus was at first confused because he thought I was coming towards him with the thermometer. Rus said the test appeared to be positive. He said I had gotten a false positive before, and I told him I had not. He said we should really confirm with another test. I had a good deal of trouble falling asleep that night.

So the next day, after Lisa left, we walked down to Walgreens and got more tests. These tests had a simple pregnant/not pregnant result so there was no question of interpretation. The test said I was pregnant.

We were very confused how we could have gotten pregnant because we have been sick for weeks, we had both sets of grandparents here and I went down to Long Beach for court. There hasn't been ample opportunity. To think that we got pregnant under these conditions seems almost impossible to us.

Not that we aren't excited by the idea. Wish it was maybe a year from now though! I think Rus is excited about the idea of having a girl.

And to think we were making this big push to get rid of all the baby stuff! Luckily we hadn't given the swing to NICU yet. I hope Kami hasn't given away all of the kids clothes or the Wyatt clothes we handed down. Maybe I can get my pregnancy clothes back. Luckily Roger and Ed only borrowed the snap and go stroller frame.

It's really early to get too carried away at this point, but I have a good feeling about it, which is much different than my last pregnancy. I almost feel like I am owed any easy time, but that's probably a dangerous sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.