I can't believe how infrequently I update right now. Part of the problem is Jane. She is sleeping right in front of the computer right now. She sleeps there every night. Yes, I could have moved her blanket somewhere else, but she is always there. I gave Rus the choice of moving Jane or giving up the laptop and he chose giving up the laptop.
We say Dr. Walton today. He moved our due date to 5/12 from 5/20. That makes me exactly 23 weeks and puts me in the sixth month I guess. We also discussed VBAC versus c-section. He said there is a slight risk to the baby and to me in VBAC over c-section. It's still pretty low, but Rus and I are pretty risk adverse after Wyatt's birth. We are leaning towards c-section.
We discussed scheduling the c-section for 5/5, but then I started asking about whether the baby was just big and is that really the same thing as being 23w. Dr. Walton said that the ultrasounds were accurate within +-4 days. Then he said we could schedule the c-section for the 10th instead. We agreed to the 10th. That is so close to my estimated due date that I have to wonder if I won't go in to labor first. Who knows. I need to do the gestational diabetes test when I go in again, which will be 2/11.
We had an ultrasound and everything looked fine. Dr. Walton gave us two photos, but neither are worth posting.
Dr. Walton confessed he was nervous when we first came in because he had reviewed the level II ultrasound. The radiologist report had the LMP calculated gestational age and the ultrasound calculated gestational age. He thought the baby was behind instead of ahead.
I have a picture of me from today, but I can't post it. Jane is preventing that.
I am planning to go back to work 5 days a week next week. Tina's boss signed off on it. However, I found out today my office mate, Kathleen, who also works 32 hours a week, was told she could not work 40 hours a week up until her due date. She is due at the end of June. I don't know why it's OK for me, but not for her. Or maybe when it hits the higher ups, it won't be OK for me. Who knows.
We aren't going to change day care, so Rus will have Wyatt the extra day while I am at work. I think I am targeting to do this through March. I think by April, I might want to go back down to 32.
I am actually fairly uncomfortable right now. I have restless leg in my left leg; sciatica in my right leg; my belly is huge already; my legs are cramping at night. Wah, wah, wah. It's really not that bad.
Wyatt is doing well. He jabbers away now. We have no idea what he is saying, but he sounds pretty cute. He woke up screaming this morning for some unknown reason. I was afraid he was sick, but he hasn't run a fever or anything. We are still waiting for something to happen with Regional Center. They keep asking for more reports, which we have to keep faxing because waiting for Kaiser to get the reports to them will take too long. I am beginning to feel like it isn't worth the bother.
Well, I better give Rus his laptop back now.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why are you increasing your work schedule at this point in your pregnancy? It seems that you could use more rest, not less.
ReplyDeleteI hope it's temporary.