Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wyatt misc.

Today when we got home Wyatt climbed on a chair at the dinner table, grabbed half a cereal bar left from breakfast and proceeded to chow down. After he ate that he grabbed a muffin out of a Tupperware container and started to eat that. He has started to like to sit on a regular chair and have a small snack. Unfortunately, he is still too small to just sit at the table, even in his chair with the tray off. He also likes to eat off a plate and is more interested in trying to feed himself with a spoon. He isn't that great at it yet, but he is getting better. He also likes to drink from a cup and if I don't watch it he will pick up by coffee mug and drink my coffee. Thankfully, I am drinking decaf.

I made he and I a quiche this last weekend. He wouldn't eat it at home, but ate a huge portion of it at day care. Clearly, he is in a binge eating cycle. He seems to be constantly hungry.

This weekend we are taking Wyatt to get his first haircut so he doesn't look like he has a mullet anymore.

Yesterday, I called Rus to check in on him and Wyatt. Rus told me Wyatt had just had a snack of cheese and bananas. I heard Wyatt in the background exclaim "cheese!" It was so funny.

He spontaneously says "shocks" (socks), "nanas" (bananas), "cheese", "bah (ball), mama and dadee. Those words he conceptually understands. Recently he started repeating "ni ni" when you say night-night to him.

He likes to stand at the mirror over the changing table and play hide-and-seek with himself.

I have started trying to get Wyatt interested in brushing his own teeth since he hates having them brushed. Unfortunately, he mostly tries to brush his hair instead of his teeth.

Speaking of hair, we had dinner with Roger, Ed and their girls on Sunday. Wyatt's hands were a mess and Roger jokingly said, "Now run your hands through your hair" not knowing that Wyatt knew what "hair" was. So Wyatt ran his hands through his hair. (He also does this when you say "fix your hair-do.") Roger was of course mortified.

Wyatt now knows where his ears, nose, mouth, head, hair and feet are. He knows what shoes and socks are.

He will hug and kiss a stuffed animal if you ask him to most of the time. He also likes to give his pirate dog a "drink" with one of his stacking cups. I make the pirate dog move, and Rus always has to make Rex (the T. Rex puppet) move. It can't be any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.