Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Physical therapy follow-up

We had another PT visit with Sharon last Friday. Not much has changed except that she is surprised Wyatt isn't walking yet. She said something about pronation and looseness around his feet and that they sometimes use plastic braces for that, but she thinks it is just better for him to strengthen his muscles on his own. She said she didn't think that therapy was going to make him walk faster, he was just on his own schedule. As soon as he figures out standing she thinks he will walk.

She did want to see him in a month and decided to have Debbie Patrizi see him too just to get a second opinion. Debbie saw Wyatt in NICU and once outside when Sharon was not available. She actually called Debbie while we were there to see if she was available, but she was not. I am actually relieved to have a second opinion from Debbie.

Sharon was impressed that after once getting himself caught on the mat, Wyatt turned the second time before getting stuck. She asked if we thought that was purposeful. It didn't occur to me that other kids his age would not turn after they had already gotten stuck once.

I have also been in touch with the intake coordinator for RCEB. I highly doubt that they are going to give him services. I don't even think we will get another evaluation out of them. The woman who did the intake was an idiot.

So that leaves us with Malhotra on Friday. We are also seeing Dr. Saba on Monday for his well baby visit. She is pretty practical and I think she will have decent advice about what to do. If even who to get a second opinion from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.