Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Name

We have decide to name FM 2.0 Seth. We haven't decided on a middle name quite yet, but have narrowed it down. Seth is actually a name I have liked for a long time. I never knew the meaning of it until I looked it up today. Apparently, Seth means "appointed." Biblically, Seth as the third child of Adam and Eve was appointed as a replacement for Abel.

That struck a chord with me. I certainly wouldn't want either of the boys to think that Seth was a replacement for Wyatt because so much went wrong in the beginning. Yes, I am glad to have the chance to have another pregnancy. I hope everything goes smoothly this time. I am not trying to replace Wyatt or make up for him though.

Like I said, I have always liked Seth. Probably because it sounds like Steph and I am incredibly vain. But I never wanted to imply that Seth is a replacement for Wyatt because there is something wrong with Wyatt. Wyatt is wonderful. I can't imagine having him any other way. I will always want and hope for the best for him, but I would never appoint a replacement. And Seth is much more to me than that.

Also, Seth Bullock was a character on Deadwood thus keeping with our western theme.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.