We will definitely take him to day care with a short sleeve shirt so the responsible parent sees the handy work of their child.
I hope that this doesn't make Wyatt's attempts to bite me worse. I thought he was going to bite me tonight. He took my hand and brought it to his mouth. I glared at him and he just gingerly brought his teeth to my skin and stopped. I said, "Thank you for not biting me, Wyatt."
I have been thinking more about how day care is going to work if Wyatt doesn't walk any time soon. How old would they let him be in the infant room? Also, I don't feel very good about him being stuck in the infant room. I have already been giving some thought to finding an integrated special needs - non-disabled day care situation. There is an Easter Seals Center in downtown San Francisco. I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but I also don't want to get the boot one day when they say they can't handle him in the toddler room anymore. I also don't want to see him stuck there indefinitely.
I guess the first step is to sit down and talk to Vanessa about what the long-term plan is under various scenarios. I just want Wyatt to learn and have enough stimulation. He isn't going to get that in the infant room. That much I am sure of. It is just a matter of how much longer he is going to be there.
Hopefully, when we see Sharon next week we will have some idea, but frankly I am not hopeful that she is going to provide much help. I have a feeling we aren't going to re-qualify for EI, which leaves us with what exactly? Private PT, but that requires a denial letter from Kaiser before we can use our supplemental insurance. Everything is so excessively overcomplicated, but we can't let Wyatt down. If he needs help, we want him to have it.
The multiple bite marks on Wyatt's arms are very disturbing to us.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the significance of the form you signed acknowledging that Wyatt was bitten?
If Wyatt's "friend" continues with this behavior (previous biting observed), what action will the center take?