Wyatt had his very first haircut today at Cool Cuts for Kids. I predicted he would either be fine or completely meltdown. He was fine. There was a moment when Sam, his stylist, broke out the clippers and he looked concerned and kept trying to turn his head to see what was going on, but he was OK. And Sam sensed that maybe the clippers were not a great idea. We learned that Wyatt has a huge cowlick on the back of his head at his hair line. No doubt he inherited that from me.


When she was done she took some of Wyatt's locks and put them in a little baggy. She attached that to a certificate that said Wyatt's First Haircut, January 23rd, 2010. Or something to that effect. I had completely forgotten to even ask for some of his hair. He was such a good boy. We were really proud of him.
Wyatt finally lost it when we headed back to the car and he realized he was not getting one of the balloons they had outside the place. We went in to Trader Joe's a bought a couple of items to get him a balloon.
When we got home we affixed the balloon to his stoller and walked down to the Farmer's Market. I had declared it our Saturday ritual after all. We stop by Arizmendi and get some baked goods. We always get a Chocoloate Thing for Wyatt. We sit at the Farmer's Market and we all eat and listen to music.

Today I got a stuffed brioche from "French Marcus." I am obsessed with this man because he looks like Rus' friend Marcus, but he's older . . . and French. His real name is Guy, which is disappointing because I was hoping he, too, was named Marcus and gratifying because he's French and that name is soooooo French. His mushroom stuffed brioche was amazing by the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.