Wyatt went to his Halloween party yesterday as a dragon. I got really stressed out about all the rules they had for costumes: nothing violent, nothing with a licensed character, nothing on the head or covered the face. What was left? Was I supposed to send him as a doctor? Well, he wanted to be a dragon. Is a dragon violent? Pete's dragon - no. Dragon Tales - no. It has a hood. It seemed against their stupid rules. I asked Wyatt if he wanted to be a pirate. I guess that is violent too, but it didn't have a hood. Then I thought is that really what they mean by violent or do they mean vampires, grim reapers, and freddy kruegers? I don't know. Their rules were too vague to really assess. Except for the licensed character bit.
Anyway, I put the dragon and pirate in a bag and took the boys to school. When I got there the first thing I saw was Colin's dad putting him in his dragon costume. So, we went with the dragon. At first Wyatt wanted it off, but I told him to go in to his classroom and see all his friends dressed up. He kept it on. I saw another dragon and two Iron Mans. So much for restrictions on licensed characters. Then I saw one poor lad dressed as a lemon and thought his mom took those rules seriously! Except he did have a lemon hat. Was that against the rules? Who the hell knows! But the poor boy was dressed as a lemon.
It was really hard to get out of the school parking lot as there were kids everywhere. I am glad I got to see them dressed up. I didn't stay for the Halloween party. Apparently, there was a maze and crafts they had asked for volunteers for. I didn't ask for the time off and Friday snuck up on me. I should have just gone.
When Seth and I left, he got really upset. He wanted to stay. He cried his little eyes out and fought me getting in to the car. On Monday is his party. I intend to send him as a unicorn. I will try and make it to their afternoon party. I have too many meetings in the morning to go with them trick-or-treating. Sometimes I really hate my job.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.